Jan 22, 2006

It's Time You And I Had A Little Sit-Down.

I'm a little disappointed in you. I had hoped for something more from you. Not much more, but yes, I expected just a little bit more from you.

Yes, YOU! Stop glancing over your shoulder! If you have any doubt about who I am talking to in here, it's YOU! Oh, did you think nothing was ever going to be expected of you? Are you like this with everybody? Mute, nonparticipatory, and quasi-anonymous?

Are you even there? I know you are, but I only know that through a third party.

You're just so quiet. So opaque. It feels chilly in here, and one-sided. I don't even get spammed in here.

Who are you?

Look, don't worry. I swear I won't be clingy. This isn't one of those confessional blogs where if within 24 hours no one responds with two of my best characteristics I will have to be peeled off the floor and deposited in Bellevue. If I wanted a blog like that, I'd be on livejournal doling out friend access like it was my last handful of Vicodins.

But absolutely, by all means, if you are stopping by here and you wish to tell me anything at all about yourself, about your hopes, dreams, fears, as they relate to bloggystyle, please do so.

It appears that I've been a fool for thinking it could have been different. I'm listening to Patsy Cline now until somebody says something, and stops teasing and torturing me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like some Vicodins, please.

Margaret Dodge said...

If you weren't so anonymous, you might get one.

Jeff Mac said...

I apologize for not knowing that you had started your blog. I promise to read through the archives both meticulously and with great joy.

Also, I really like to eat corn. Just something you might want to know about me, the viewer. I'm not a fanatic about it and to tell you the truth I rarely eat it. But when I do, I almost always like it.

Anonymous said...

i'm here and i like your stuff. see. this is why i dont publish comments, cause 'i like your stuff" is something you would tell a pitcher who had a mean ass curve ball, or even better, slider. you're fierce!

Anonymous said...

btw, do you really have vicoden? will trade for a valium or special cookie!

Margaret Dodge said...

Aww! I'm plumb out, otherwise I would take you up!

Margaret Dodge said...

And welcome!