Oct 4, 2007

Life Of Frankie Part I

You are about to see and hear a LOT of stuff about my dear, from-this-earth-departed life companion, Frankie, who made her final exit one week ago today.

I've thought about that euphemism for dying that I just used above. I actively choose it. I concur with the traditional feeling that "die" is just not right to describe what just happened to someone you loved so deeply, because you know they can't die, if you thought they could die you would have to die too. And "pass away" is just so mamby-pamby.

Frankie was nothing if not a diva. She did not expire or extinguish, she exited, with grace and regal bearing. A legend can never die; you just can't see her anymore except on film. Frankie's up there with Grace Kelly, Marlene Dietrich, Bette Davis. A diva of substance.

She looked great in her black with rhinestones ID collar but unfortunately it's not photographing too well.

No comments: