Mar 5, 2007

Horror Du Jour.

I'm really depressed about the baby that got its (I can't watch it again to see if it was a girl or a boy) nose chewed off by a rat.

Maybe I shouldn't read cnn.com when I'm already having a hectic, miserable day at work.

I'm disgusted and grief-stricken that this country has allowed cities to marinate in their government-enabled or -created poverty for so long that things have gotten as bad as they are. In the most gluttonous, rapacious, arrogant, and hypocritical nation in the world.

I think a government that knows how to prevent such severe and dangerous rat infestations but does not do so should be subject to a pretty massive lawsuit, not to mention legislated reform, for neglect of public fucking health.

Urban American children: lunchmeat for rodents.

Read Rats. The only way to control rodents is to clean things up, keep it that way, and rodent-proof buildings. Rat poison does not work. If anything it gets the small ones out of the way, empowering the larger ones and creating hardier, more aggressive rats.

No comments: