Jul 30, 2006

What Have I Been Doing This Summer?

Watching it bake on by. I just went to the flea market for my allotted 30 minutes of cancer-baiting.

Belatedly falling in love with Black Sabbath. The pioneers. The best. Forever. SABBATH!

Learning drums. Listening to Priestess and Black Sabbath with my ginormous headphones on and picking out the drum part, over and over. Going to the studio with Ivan to rehearse. (Okay that's only happened once so far but it's going to continue.)

Some other things that I can't tell you because It's Not That Kind Of Blog. (But it's probably not what you think. It's most likely not as good as you think. Unless you think I murdered someone. It's better than that.)

And I baked a cake.

Some thrifting. There is no thrill to compare with getting some cheap t-shirt for close to what it actually should be worth. But even Beacon's Closet is too expensive for me now. Yesterday I got a skirt, dress, and two t-shirts for $48, but minus the $16 credit for some stuff I got that I maybe paid two dollars for (a one-piece Budweiser swimsuit that was too small for me (and too big for the other person I know who would really like it) and some gold sandals this woman at work gave me). So I paid around $34, really. Which isn't bad. I can and sometimes do pay Beacon's prices, but it is less of a thrill. The same haul would have been about $12 at M***. So the bargain aspect is definitely a draw. I can't tell you about the really cheap places because then all three of you might go there and ruin them for me.

I guess just tell me if you want to go thrifting with me. If you want to go with me, it's a different story.

2 comments:

Stew Ineffectually said...

What a weird coincidence. I just bought a bass yesterday. I would offer to jam but I'm all country all the time.

Margaret Dodge said...

Chocolate with coconut butter cream frosting! From scratchola! Sorry, it's gone now.

Stew, let's do country covers of Black Sabbath. I have a bass too; it's been aging in my apartment along with me for years. Maybe you can teach me a little.